Re: [DMM] WGLC #1 for draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-01

Dave Dolson <ddolson@sandvine.com> Mon, 22 February 2016 02:05 UTC

From: Dave Dolson <ddolson@sandvine.com>
To: "Moses, Danny" <danny.moses@intel.com>, "dmm@ietf.org" <dmm@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 02:05:55 +0000
x-originating-ip: [69.63.53.189]
x-c2processedorg: b2f06e69-072f-40ee-90c5-80a34e700794
Subject: Re: [DMM] WGLC #1 for draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-01

>From an application developer's point of view, I don't think there should be a distinction about roaming between providers or with the same provider.
It should work with WiFi, mobile, even wired Ethernet.
E.g., as I unplug my laptop from work, use the 3G stick on the train, WiFi in the coffee shop and plug in wired Ethernet at home. I could have a fixed address as well as several temporary (no guarantee) addresses.

I'm not saying all of those access technologies need to have implementation of all types of addresses.
One might only get a fixed address from one of those providers, all the others being no-guarantee.

-Dave