Re: [dns-dir] Help reviewing draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-implications-on-ipv4-nets for bad DNS advice?

Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com> Tue, 09 July 2013 16:01 UTC

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 12:00:22 -0400
To: Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@nominum.com>
Cc: "dns-dir@ietf.org" <dns-dir@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dns-dir] Help reviewing draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-implications-on-ipv4-nets for bad DNS advice?

Ted,

While this will not work with DNSSEC there is no "serious harm" in doing this.
basically they are saying "deny existence of AAAA".
which is fine if they want traffic to go via V4 only, the same technique can be used
to migrate traffic to v6.

I see no DNS harm in doing this, as a matter of fact this is better than just blocking the connections.

just my take on the issue, in my liberal old days.

	Olafur