Re: llmnr vs. alternatives

Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU> Fri, 28 March 2003 16:24 UTC

From: Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
Subject: Re: llmnr vs. alternatives
To: bmanning@ISI.EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:17:32 -0800
Cc: paul@vix.com, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

% % > actually, its still active:
% % > draft-dnsext-opcode-discover-01.txt
% %
% % this hasn't hasn't been on any wg meeting agenda.  has anybody checked
% % it out?  with special reference to comparison against the problems still
% % being fixed in llmnr?
%
%
% 	This draft was/is in last call and should be on the IESG agenda.
% 	The last thing that was fixed was the references.  From where
% 	I sit, this was last discussed in London and was last-called
% 	just after Atl.  It appears to not be on the offical last-call
% 	page off the IETF website.  Looks like it was dropped again. :)
% 	Perhaps Olafur would correct my misunderstandings.
%

	going through archives... I will correct myself.  The doc was
	within 48 hours of going to last call when one of the co-authors
	withdrew his support. I suspect that this action triggered the
	WG chairs to hold off on sending it to last call.  Now that we
	have all the co-authors backing the drafts advancement to
	either experimental or informational status (I don't care which,
	as long as it does not go on the Stds track),  perhaps
	the WG chairs would push it out for the IESG to consider it
	for publication.

--bill