Re: Question on Stewart's last mDNS item

Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU> Thu, 09 August 2001 12:52 UTC

From: Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
Subject: Re: Question on Stewart's last mDNS item
To: crawdad@fnal.gov
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 05:30:27 -0700
Cc: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

%
% Did svrloc crash & burn without me noticing?  Or is there a
% terrible gap in coverage?
%
If you were on the old srv-loc list, you should have seen this:
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:08:02 -0700

lot of changes have occurred for the SVRLOC WG.

First, as you probably noticed, our server 'srvloc.org' has gone away.
We have found a new host on sourceforge.net.

Second, with the publication of RFC 3111 "Service Location Protocol
Modifications for IPv6", the SVRLOC WG has completed all the work on
its charter.  The working group has concluded.

Work on SLP is continuing.

  - There are individual submission internet drafts are
    continuing on their way towards being RFCs - all in
    need of review.

    draft-guttman-svrloc-vendor-ext-04.txt
    draft-zhao-slp-da-interaction-10.txt
    draft-day-svrloc-exclusion-01.txt

  - We are working on (and will soon be discussing actively)
    promoting SLPv2 to draft standard.  This will require

    a list of changes (dropped features and clarifications)
    a new specification
    thorough interoperability testing
    an implemenatation report
    an IETF last call

  - We are gathering service templates.  If you have any
    to register, send them to svrloc-list@iana.org.
    You can join this mailing list.  This mailing list
    is inactive - but hopefully will pick up.  Its (currently
    empty) archive is located at:

    http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/svrloc-template

Even though the official IETF working group has concluded, work on SLP
will continue through participation on this mailing list.  I look
forward to further collaboration and progress standardizing and
developing this protocol.  Please continue to support this work.

Erik Guttman Chair of the now concluded SVRLOC WG

  srvloc-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net

--bill