RE: [dhcwg] Open issues in DHCP FQDN, DHCID and DDNS-DHCP Related RFCs

"Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <volz@cisco.com> Thu, 23 February 2006 04:03 UTC

Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Open issues in DHCP FQDN, DHCID and DDNS-DHCP Related RFCs
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:57:49 -0500
From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <volz@cisco.com>
To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, dhcwg <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Cc: margaret@thingmagic.com
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

[ Moderators note: Post was moderated, either because it was posted by
   a non-subscriber, or because it was over 20K.
   With the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss and therefore
   delete relevant posts by non-subscribers.
   Please fix your subscription addresses. ]

Hi:

I have just submitted revised versions of the drafts. Copies of what I submitted are available at:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-11.txt
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dhc-fqdn-option-12.txt
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-fqdn-04.txt
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-11.txt

Ralph had sent a list of 11 issues to the mailing list. And, then followed up with 19 more raised by Pekka Savola but that list of issues did not go to the DHC WG. Both emails are below so you can see the full list of 30 issues.

I believe I have addressed all of them.

Some key changes are that the DHCID RR now has an additional field to specify the digest type and we've switched to using SHA-256 instead of MD5.

We need to figure out what the next step is -- do we need another DHC / DNSEXT WG last-call or do we send these to the IESG directly?

If there is strong demand, I can develop diff files but as there were a lot of minor edits and changes to references, it likely will be rather large set of differences.

- Bernie