Re: IETF is not interested in redefinition of the root servers?

Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@Alvestrand.no> Fri, 08 June 2001 10:59 UTC

Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 11:57:41 +0200
To: Anssi Porttikivi <anssi.porttikivi@teleware.fi>
From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@Alvestrand.no>
Subject: Re: IETF is not interested in redefinition of the root servers?
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se

FYI....

1) the IETF is the wrong place for this discussion
2) the mailing list ga-roots@dnso.org (use Majordomo to join) is the
    right place for discussing these drafts.
    The General Assembly is the open forum of the Domain Name Supporting
    Organization of ICANN; the ga-roots list is a sublist created by the GA.
3) Simon Higgs has tried to use the IETF document publishing process to
    make it appear as if his ideas have support in the IETF. They don't.

(Note: The last point is only supported by 100% of the people I have talked
to, but my selection criteria may be erratic, so don't take my word for it)

               Harald