Re: [DNSOP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-default-local-zones-07

Alfred Hönes <ah@tr-sys.de> Wed, 25 February 2009 20:45 UTC

From: Alfred Hönes <ah@tr-sys.de>
To: Mark_Andrews@isc.org, dnsop@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:44:01 +0100
Cc: dnsop-ads@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-default-local-zones-07

Hi Mark,

it would have been appreciated even more if you could have updated
a couple of references in the re-post of the "Local Zones" draft;
doing so would hopefully have decreased the likelihood of the need
for another update cycle before the next step (sure, I'm an insane
optimist, still expecting such next step to occur, even soon!)

Details:

o  RFC 2434 has been onsoleted by the new BCP 26, RFC 5226,
   and that one has changed the IANA policy terms; therefore,
   please replace "IETF Consensus" by "IETF Review" in Section 6;

o  for [I-D.draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-ops],
   the -01 version had been posted in November 2007,
   and it is awaiting a move ahead of the WG ;

o  for [I-D.draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-under-attack-help-help],
   the -01 version also had been posted in November 2007,
   and it is also patiently awaiting a move ahead of the lazy WG ;

o  for RFC 3330, the 'canonical' update is on its way:
   draft-iana-rfc3330bis-06 has been posted this week,
   the GEN AD is "following up" for the IESG; thus, it might
   be reasonable to switch to the updated document as a ref.

Question to the WG :
------------------

Are there any convincing reasons for *not* advancing that draft
in a reasonable timeframe now?

If not, I'd like to urge the chairs to undertake appropriate steps.

Serious note:
------------

Should anyone be in doubt -- these are chartered DNSOP work items:
The milestone in the charter for this draft to IESG for BCP once
was set at September 2007.
Similarly, the milestones for the AS112 docs (mentioned above)
to IESG (for Informational / FYI, i.e. Informational as well)
were set to December/September 2007, respectively.

All that had been confirmed in Dublin, IIRC.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

--

| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |