Re: [Dots] 答复: DOTS: next steps - call for editor volunteers for use case draft and requirements draft

Xiaohong Deng <xiaohong.deng@unsw.edu.au> Thu, 27 August 2015 04:24 UTC

From: Xiaohong Deng <xiaohong.deng@unsw.edu.au>
To: "Xialiang (Frank)" <frank.xialiang@huawei.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 04:23:59 +0000
x-originating-ip: [149.171.135.82]
Cc: "tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org" <tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org>, "Roman D. Danyliw" <rdd@cert.org>, "dots@ietf.org" <dots@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Dots] 答复: DOTS: next steps - call for editor volunteers for use case draft and requirements draft

Hi Frank,

More inline please.

>From: "Xialiang (Frank)" <frank.xialiang@huawei.com<mailto:frank.xialiang@huawei.com>>
>Date: Thursday, 27 August 2015 1:41 pm
>To: x Deng <xiaohong.deng@unsw.edu.au<mailto:xiaohong.deng@unsw.edu.au>>
>Cc: "tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org<mailto:tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org>" <tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org<mailto:tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org>>, "Roman D. Danyliw" <rdd@cert.org<mailto:rdd@cert.org>>, "dots@ietf.org<mailto:dots@ietf.org>" <dots@ietf.org<mailto:dots@ietf.org>>
>Subject: 答复: [Dots] DOTS: next steps - call for editor volunteers for use case draft and requirements draft

>Hi Xiaohong,
>The DOTS’s signaling works include two parts: the signaling content itself and the protocol used to carry them. For the first part, the DDoS related telemetry should be included. The >associated information model should also be defined in DOTS from my understanding.

Thanks for this information. Good to know other interest parties in the game. I had a quick read of your draft. Definitely interesting. Did you present it in last meeting? What’s the feedback you get so far?

>Actually, we have a draft (draft-fu-ipfix-network-security-01) proposing some new IPFIX IEs (Information Elements) as DDoS related telemetry. Another draft (draft-teague-open-threat->signaling-01) has also proposed some useful telemetry data for representing DDoS incidents information (events, protected objects, attack/threats enumeration, etc) using IPFIX format as well.

Nice to know there are more works related. IPFIX as the format and content of DDoS telemetry: like you said, events, attack/threats enumeration etc are still to be addressed – that’s my perception too.

>Any good ideas are welcome to bring to DOTS.

Thanks. And surely I think openness is always part of the IETF culture, after all making and keeping an open Internet is the ultimate goal of IETF, isn’t it? :)

Kind Regards,
Xiaohong