Re: [dtn-interest] Bundle Protocol question

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk> Mon, 17 November 2008 12:32 UTC

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:11:14 -0000
From: L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk
To: kheimerl@cs.berkeley.edu, dtn-interest@maillists.intel-research.net
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] Bundle Protocol question

Kurtis,

Not surprised you're having problems with the length 'field' - it's an SDNV.
That's described briefly in section 4.1 of RFC5050. Note the (*) in the diagram
in section 4.5 of RFC5050.

It was recognised that more documentation of SDNVs was needed for implementers,
so the workgroup draft:
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-irtf-dtnrg-sdnv/
was adopted after:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eddy-dtn-sdnv-03
was written. But that workgroup draft has been allowed to expire, with no further
interest expressed in it from the chairs.

(I'd have aimed to have the SDNV draft published as an RFC before or with RFC5050,
as the dependency is obvious.)

hope this helps,

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>