Re: [dtn-interest] review of draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security-12 (was Re: [IRSG] DTNRG review assignments)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Wed, 27 January 2010 14:52 UTC

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:52:29 +0000
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: Andrei Gurtov <gurtov@hiit.fi>
Cc: DTN <dtn-interest@mailman.dtnrg.org>, Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] review of draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security-12 (was Re: [IRSG] DTNRG review assignments)

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for the review, glad you found the document (almost)
ready. We've (actually, Peter) done an update that I think
takes all those into account. [1]

As to your questions about ECC, firstly anyone can define new
ciphersuites for ECC if they're interesting, so it can be
added later. Secondly, we basically picked the most IPR-clean
and widely implemented algorithms for this spec, and ECC is
unfortunately not top of the list in either respect.

And yes, there's an implementation, done by Peter Lovell.

I guess the next step if you're happy with -14 is for you
to mail the irsg list to say that, then Elwyn can update
the ticket and start the irsg poll.

Thanks again,
Stephen.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security