Re: [dtn-interest] [Fwd: IRSG review of draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block]

"Symington, Susan F." <susan@mitre.org> Thu, 18 February 2010 15:40 UTC

From: "Symington, Susan F." <susan@mitre.org>
To: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>, Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <dtn-interest@mailman.dtnrg.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:40:26 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] [Fwd: IRSG review of draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block]

All,

I have posted a revised DTN Metadata Extension Block I-D (now version 7) in response to Lixia Zhang's comments. See the posting notice below.

-susan
--
A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block-07.txt has been successfuly submitted by Susan Symington and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-metadata-block
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Delay-Tolerant Networking Metadata Extension Block
Creation_date:	 2010-02-17
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 13

Abstract:
This document defines an extension block that may be used with the
DTN Bundle Protocol.  This Metadata Extension Block is designed to
carry additional information that DTN nodes can use to make
processing decisions regarding bundles, such as deciding whether to
store a bundle or determining to which nodes to forward a bundle.
The metadata that is carried in a metadata block must be formatted
according to the metadata type that is identified in the block's
metadata type field.  One specific metadata type, for carrying URIs
as metadata, is defined in this document.  Other metadata types may
be defined in separate documents.  This document is a product of the
Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group and has been reviewed by
that group.  No objections to its publication as an RFC were raised.

The IETF Secretariat.