Re: [e2md] Draft charter, comments inline <dw>

Lawrence Conroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk> Sat, 06 March 2010 21:12 UTC

From: Lawrence Conroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 21:11:34 +0000
To: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
Cc: 'Bernhard Hoeneisen' <bernie@hoeneisen.ch>, 'Robert Sparks' <rjs@nostrum.com>, e2md@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [e2md] Draft charter, comments inline <dw>

Hi Richard, folks,
 If I read it properly, I like this draft charter; the revisions help a lot.

I do have a few comments on the revised text
*    Please can we say this is based on RFC3761bis et al, NOT on 3761.
  This matters as the registration process is streamlined in the updated docs,
  AND 3761bis has P-, which might be a helpful item for PII/Data Protection use.

*    Please can we avoid ' typos? Its making my eye's bleed.
  c/URI's/URIs/    c/URI'./URI./

*    Please can someone produce a clean copy of the new proposed charter
  -- It's getting hard to see the text.

Finally, as an aside, writing a new DDDS Application spec is actually quite a short task;
writing a DDDS database spec is also a fairly short task. Taking an existing one as a model
this can be done readily in a slow week. I know -- I tried it and cross checked against 340x.
[In theory we could not only blend some bits of E2U, but even dump NAPTR for some other RR
-- to do the latter is unwise, if only as it would also require a new RR type spec, but ...]

The real issue is the process for such a set of changes can be long, from publication, review,
agreement, through approval, publication, selection of experts to priming IANA, before we're
open for business. I assume the timescales are for publication as WGLC'd drafts?

all the best,
  Lawrence