[e2md] Problem Statments for each E2MD service

Bernie Hoeneisen <bernie@ietf.hoeneisen.ch> Tue, 29 June 2010 19:55 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:55:07 +0200
From: Bernie Hoeneisen <bernie@ietf.hoeneisen.ch>
To: "E.164 To MetaData BOF discussion list" <e2md@ietf.org>
Subject: [e2md] Problem Statments for each E2MD service

Hi,

As you can read in the rough minutes Penn just sent, we agreed in
today's conference call on some work to be delivered within less than
one week:

A) Dave, Ray and Penn will work on a Charter Proposal
    Deadline for first shot: Monday, July 5th

B) I agreed to collect the input on problem statements for each E2MD
    service and, if (and only if) I get a sufficient input in amount and
    quality, I will write and submit I-D containing these problem
    statements by Monday July 5th (I-D submission deadline).

For B) I need input on the problem statement of the following E2MD
services:

  1) g-spid (Penn)
  2) cnam (Rich ?)
  3) service capabilities (Penn)
  4) unused (Lawrence ? / Jim ? / Hadriel ?)
  5) send-n (Ray)

The names in brackets are those who I expect primary input from (Lawrence,
Jim, Hadriel and Rich were not on the call and did not confirm their
assistance yet). Others are invited to also provide any information that
might contribute to the development of this I-D.

The problem statement should contain information about:

a) What is the problem that the particular E2MD service is addressing?

b) How does a solution improve the situation? (no technical details)

c) Who has this problem?
    (specific groups that you know to have specific, near-term needs)

d) Any other information needed to understand the problem space

Please send your input on the problem statement of the E2MD services
listed above to the E2MD mailing list latest by Friday, 02 July 2010!

(If you prefer, you can also send your input to me privately.)

Feel free to ask any questions that might come up.

Have a nice evening!

cheers,
  Bernie

--

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Standardization