Re: [Ecrit] Maastricht Agenda - 1st draft

Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com> Sun, 25 July 2010 07:08 UTC

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:15:34 -0700
To: Marc Linsner <mlinsner@cisco.com>
Cc: ecrit <ecrit@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Maastricht Agenda - 1st draft

So what I get out this email is basically no time is needed for WG items. I find that surprising but will take it face value.

On the non WG items I don't think you can have any useful discussion in 10 minutes. If the purpose is to send 10 minutes advertising the draft to the WG with no discussion, then I think that is an awful agenda. My suggestions would be to prioritize these (perhaps they already are) then allocate a reasonable time to have whatever discussion is needed about each. If no discussion is needed then cancel the meeting and let some other WG use it. No doubt this will mean not all of them get discussion time but I would rather have useful convulsions about a few drafts and zero conclusions about a bunch of drafts.

I'm not complaining about which drafts are on the agenda or how the chairs prioritized them - I'm expressing doubt that any meaningful discussion can happen in a 10 minute slot on most of these topics.