[Ecrit] ECRIT Status Update - December 2008

"Hannes Tschofenig" <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Tue, 30 December 2008 23:53 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: ECRIT <ecrit@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:53:35 +0200
Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT Status Update - December 2008
Sender: ecrit-bounces@ietf.org

ECRIT Status Update - December 2008
===================================

1) draft-ietf-ecrit-framework / draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp

Action Item: Brian to resubmit a new draft version covering the discussions
around location protocols. Date: Early January 2009

2) draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync

Roger Marshall is the PROTO shepherd for this document.

Action Item: Roger is going todo a pre-WGLC review of the document. Date:
Early January 2009

3) draft-patel-ecrit-sos-parameter

Updated draft based on IETF #73 discussions posted by Milan, see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg05779.html

Action item: Hannes to ask working group to confirm IETF#73 discussion.

4) RFC5031bis

Action item: Henning to submit a proposal for RFC5031bis with a modified
allocation policy, as described in
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg05769.html

Date: Early January 2009

5) draft-rosen-ecrit-premature-disconnect-rqmts

We are a bit in a deadlock situation with this document. So far, the group
did not accept the document as is and there was a bit of "unhappiness" with
the current draft editor, Brian. Since the document is not a WG item the
working group chairs cannot change the editor. No other draft proposal has
been made so far either.

There are four options:
a) We have to wait for Brian to come up with a version that is acceptable to
the group.
b) We wait for someone else to make a proposal (in the form of a draft) that
is acceptable.
c) We chairs ask the group whether the current document is acceptable as a
STARTING POINT and provide the commitment that the draft editor will be
changed once the doc is a WG item.

We will try item (c) and see what the group thinks about it.

Action item: Hannes to post a mail to the list.

6) PSAP Call Back

We currently have at least 3 solutions for dealing with callbacks from
PSAPs. We have to pick one.

Action item: Hannes to post a mail to the list about this aspect to the
list.

7) Rechartering

Action item: Hannes to post a proposal to the list. Long overdue already.

8) draft-ietf-ecrit-local-emergency-rph-namespace

We had some discussions about this document triggered by mails around
IETF#73 asking for the purpose and the scope.
I read through the e-mail exchange but I need to read through some
RFCs/drafts as well in order to summarize the topic.

A few folks have provided feedback (James, Brian, Janet, Keith) but more
reviews from the rest of the group would be useful.

Action item: Hannes to summarize the discussions and to draw a conclusion.

9) Feedback needed for other documents

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-barnes-ecrit-rough-loc-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-forte-ecrit-lost-extensions-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-forte-ecrit-service-classification-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosen-ecrit-ecall-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-norreys-ecrit-authority2individuals-requireme
nts-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosen-ecrit-lost-early-warning-00.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-unauthenticated-access-04.t
xt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sun-ecrit-shelter-service-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-wolf-ecrit-lost-servicelistboundary-00.txt

I particularly want to point to the last document. We wanted to give Karl
Heinz a possibility to present his document at IETF#73 but then we ran out
of time.

Please pick a document and read through it.