Re: [Ecrit] -ecall draft: steps to progress

"Drage, Keith (Nokia - GB)" <keith.drage@nokia.com> Thu, 19 May 2016 12:17 UTC

From: "Drage, Keith (Nokia - GB)" <keith.drage@nokia.com>
To: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>, Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org>, Roger Marshall <Roger.Marshall@comtechtel.com>, "ecrit@ietf.org" <ecrit@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 12:17:46 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.38]
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] -ecall draft: steps to progress

Looks like I somehow failed to do a reply all on this one, so this is the reply I sent to this:

+1

Indeed many of these are points I have made previously.

On the URNs, as part of the URN definition, we need the draft the define the resources requested by the URN, which as indicated is a resource that supports both the mechanism in this draft (whatever it ends up being to align with the 3GPP discussions) and the existing in band modem type mechanism.

And as regards the INFO usage, if INFO is used, it must be a conforming INFO package. Relying on the upper layers is in my view a layer violation.

Keith