RE: [Ecrit] Additional framework-03 and phonebcp-02 comments

"Brian Rosen" <br@brianrosen.net> Mon, 19 November 2007 02:36 UTC

From: Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>
To: "'Stark, Barbara'" <bs7652@att.com>, 'ECRIT' <ecrit@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Ecrit] Additional framework-03 and phonebcp-02 comments
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:36:08 -0500

Barbara

Thank you for these suggestions, and especially for proposing text.  I have
implemented all of them one way or another except the following two:

You suggested that devices need their own IP addresses.  I don't know what
that is for: HELD doesn't have a parameter for the identifier, it uses the
IP address in the request.

> After ED-27:
> New: ED-xx  If a location refresh fails (that just attempts to use the
> last successful method), the endpoint MUST attempt all location
> configuration options. If the location can still not be determined, the
> endpoint MUST continue to use its last known location.
I don't think that is right.  Trying HELD if you got DHCP to work will take
MANY seconds to time out.  I think you probably just use the cached
location.

Brian