RE: [Sipping-emergency] Re: [Sipping-emergency] draft-schulzrinne -sipping-emergency-req-00

"Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz> Tue, 25 February 2003 21:42 UTC

From: "Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>
To: 'Henning Schulzrinne' <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>, "King, Kimberly S." <KIMBERLY.S.KING@saic.com>
Cc: sipping-emergency@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Sipping-emergency] Re: [Sipping-emergency] draft-schulzrinne -sipping-emergency-req-00
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:44:57 -0500
Sender: sipping-emergency-admin@ietf.org

I also looked around a bit on the web to see how the term 'last-mile' was
being used. This seems typical of the definitions I could find:

The last mile refers to the distance between the subscriber and the
telephone company's central office, or the subscriber and the neighborhood
node of the cable company.

http://cablingdb.com/GlossaryPages/GlossaryL/Last_Mile.asp

Refers to the telecommunications technology that connects the customer's
home directly to the cable or telephone company. When used as an adjective,
spelled last-mile, as in "the last-mile technology."

http://isp.webopedia.com/TERM/L/last_mile.html

- J