Re: [Ecrit] GRUUs for callbacks

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu> Sat, 03 December 2011 17:11 UTC

Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 01:11:42 +0800
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
To: Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Cc: ecrit@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] GRUUs for callbacks

Why not forget about detecting and verifying that the call is a
*callback* to an emergency call. Instead, simply give the psap a way to
initiate a "priority" call to some URI. Then expect the elements on the
path to take special action on these, such as bypassing features like VM.

We can rely on policy to restrict such calls to callbacks, or comparably
compelling reasons.

There is still work to be done to satisfy this, but some hard things are
avoided.

	Thanks,
	Paul