Re: [eman] two questions to draft-claise-power-management-arch-02 draft

Brad Schoening <bschoening@noveda.com> Thu, 12 May 2011 21:18 UTC

From: Brad Schoening <bschoening@noveda.com>
To: Duanxiaoling <duanxiaoling@huawei.com>, "bclaise@cisco.com" <bclaise@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 21:18:09 +0000
Subject: Re: [eman] two questions to draft-claise-power-management-arch-02 draft

Yes, the EMAN data model uses the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).  Our draft management information base (MIB) inherits data types and textual conventions from the SNMP standard.  It's not really adaptable to other protocols that don't support SNMP data types.

There is no standard data format for FTP, hence its not useful by itself as a data transfer protocol without another layer of interpretation such as an XML schema or CSV format.  As for the other protocols you mention, they seem to be domain specific, but I'm not familiar with them.

Regards,

Brad Schoening