Re: [Emu] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-emu-chbind-04.txt

Yaron Sheffer <yaronf@checkpoint.com> Tue, 02 March 2010 16:35 UTC

From: Yaron Sheffer <yaronf@checkpoint.com>
To: Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37 <khoeper@motorola.com>, "emu@ietf.org" <emu@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:35:17 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Emu] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-emu-chbind-04.txt

Hi Katrin,

Thanks for your (slightly delayed :-) response.

Your reply clears up much that I was confused about, but OTOH, it also justifies some of my confusion:

Draft-clancy-emu-aaapay-03 is referenced only once in the document, and in a highly noncommittal way:

	"AAA Payloads" defined in [I-D.clancy-emu-aaapay] proposes a mechanism to carry this information.

In addition, the draft should be cited normatively, if it is indeed essential to implementing this protocol. Obviously, it would block this document, but this document cannot be implemented in its absence anyway. And presumably, it (or is there now an alternative?) would have to become a WG document first.

So even when the draft is clarified a lot, it should not proceed to publication as a Standards Track RFC without the other parts of the jigsaw.

Thanks,
	Yaron