Re: [Entmib] WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-entmib-state-05.txt

"Randy Presuhn" <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com> Wed, 29 September 2004 22:09 UTC

From: Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com>
To: entmib@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Entmib] WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-entmib-state-05.txt
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:05:21 -0700
Sender: entmib-bounces@ietf.org

Hi -

I just realized that my comment is very unclear.  Let me try to re-state:
the entStateUsage OBJECT-TYPE's DESCRIPTION is trying to narrow the
semantics that come with the EntityUsageState TC.  I *think* the intent
here was to limit the notion of "user" for this object to entities within
the containment hierarchy.  (I don't think that that's the right thing to
do, but this is not the right time for that discussion, IMO.)  Consequently,
saying "In the context of this MIB, the usage state" is somewhat ambiguous,
and it would be better to clarify that "the usage state" in this case is
the entStateUsage object, rather than the EntityUSageState TC.  My
suggestion would be add the word "object-type" before "refers" in
Juergen's proposed text.

Randy