Re: [Enum] Almost complete Agenda for IETF 65 Dallas

Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us> Tue, 07 March 2006 18:57 UTC

Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:54:40 -0500
From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
To: Stastny Richard <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at>
Subject: Re: [Enum] Almost complete Agenda for IETF 65 Dallas
Cc: enum@ietf.org

Stastny Richard wrote:
> Dear Co-chair,
>
> I requested some time ago some time on the agenda for the up issue of
> our I-D :
>
>  "Combined User and Carrier ENUM in the e164.arpa tree" -
> draft-haberler-carrier-enum-02.txt .
>
> Abstract:
>
> ENUM as defined now in RFC3761 is not well suited for the purpose of
> interconnection by carriers, as can be seen by the use of various
> private tree arrangements based on ENUM mechanisms. A combined
> end-user and carrier ENUM tree solution would leverage the ENUM
> infrastructure in e164.arpa, increase resolution rates, and decrease
> the cost per registered telephone number. This document describes a
> minimally invasive scheme to provide both end-user and carrier data in ENUM.
>
> until it comes out of the queue, the I-D is available at:
>
> http://mah.priv.at/i-d/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-02.txt
> http://mah.priv.at/i-d/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-02.html

I havent seen the 02 draft come across the announce wire but thats not a
problem ..

> and the
>
>> General Discussion of Infrastructure ENUM Apex [ 2 years + minimum ]
>
> Adding the proposed agenda times together, only 10 minutes are left for
> these two items. I am also getting the slight impression that our esteemed co-chair
> is taking this issue not really seriois.

Its still a tentative schedule. Don't we have any sense of humor left :-)

> Since I am preparing also a presentation (to be submitted soon),
> I request at least 10-20 Min

you are already there after the requirements

> Eventually 5 minuntes could be spared from agenda item CNAM
> and another 5 from IAX

Well we'll probably shaving a lot of time off the Registration document
discussion those time allocations were just preliminary . We hope to
move most of those through pretty quickly but we do need to clear up
what is the appropriate URI for CNAM etc.

OK?