[Enum] New I/D concerning ENUM validation architecture submitted

Bernie Hoeneisen <bhoeneis@switch.ch> Mon, 11 July 2005 18:22 UTC

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <bhoeneis@switch.ch>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:22:36 -0400
To: "enum at ietf.org"
Subject: [Enum] New I/D concerning ENUM validation architecture submitted

Dear ENUM WG,
Axel and me have written an I/D, which we consider as the basis for the
ENUM validation work currently carried out in the IETF. In this I/D we
describe e.g. requirements, ENUM Provisioning Model and Roles, Validation
Process Assumptions, and so on. The I/D also reflects experiences
from our running implementations.

This document can also be used as an introduction to ENUM domain name
provisioning and in particular to ENUM validation related processes.

Until it appears in the archieves, this I/D can also be downloaded from:
* http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-mayrhofer-enum-validation-arch-00.txt
* http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-mayrhofer-enum-validation-arch-00.html
Abstract
An ENUM domain name is tightly coupled with the underlying E.164 number. The
process of verifying whether or not the Registrant of an ENUM domain name is
identical to the Assignee of the corresponding E.164 number is commonly called
"validation". This document describes validation requirements and a high level
architecture for an ENUM validation infrastructure.

cheers,
 Axel & Bernie