[Enum] last call Agenda Items ENUM WG IETF 61

Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us> Tue, 26 October 2004 18:13 UTC

From: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:13:06 -0400
To: "enum at ietf.org"
Subject: [Enum] last call Agenda Items ENUM WG IETF 61

This is what I have so far.... any additions? Did I forget something
Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <paf at cisco.com>
Richard Shockey <rich.shockey at neustar.biz>
Transport Area Advisor:
Allison Mankin  <mankin at psg.com>
Mailing Lists:
General Discussion:enum at ietf.org
In Body: subscribe
Archive:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/enum/

AGENDA BASHING (5 min)

MONDAY, November 8, 2004
1730-1930 Break
1930-2200 Evening Sessions
RTG  rtgarea   Routing Area Meeting *
SEC  msec      Multicast Security WG
TSV  enum      Telephone Number Mapping
WG
TSV  rddp      Remote Direct Data Placement
WG

There seems to be a strange objection to our ENUM EPP document during
IETF Last Call we need to formulate a response to this ASAP.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-epp-e164-06.txt

1. [ 10  min] The ENUM dip indicator. It is a draft that
discusses the use of a ENUM dip indicator in the TEL URL that indicates
that a ENUM query has been done. This is going to be discussed at IPTEL
but we want to make everyone aware of it.
New parameter for the "tel" URI to support ENUM
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stastny-iptel-tel-enumdi-00.txt

NEW ITEMS : We need to discuss whether the timing is correct to take
on this as a WG item.

2.    [20 M ]
Title           : An
ENUM Registry Type for the Internet Registry Information Service

Author(s)       : A. Newton

Filename        :
draft-newton-iris-ereg-02.txt

Pages           :
45

Date            :
2004-9-28
        This document describes an
IRIS (draft-ietf-crisp-iris-core-02.txt )
        registry schema for ENUM
administrative information.
        A URL for this Internet-Draft
is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newton-iris-ereg-02.txt

NEW ITEMS  : These drafts relate to issues involving Validation
of the Number Holder as part of the Provisioning process.
3. [20 M ]
Title           : ENUM
Validation Information Mapping for the

Extensible Provisioning Protocol

Author(s)       : B. Hoeneisen

Filename        :
draft-hoeneisen-enum-validation-epp-00.txt

Pages           :
17

Date            :
2004-9-30
This document describes an EPP extension for mapping information
   about the validation process the ENUM Registrar has applied
for the
   E.164 number (or number range), which the ENUM domain name
is based
   on.  Specified in XML, this mapping extends the EPP
domain name
   mapping to provide an additional feature required for
the
   provisioning of E.164 numbers.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoeneisen-enum-validation-epp-00.txt

4. [  20 M  ] ENUM Validation Architecture and Token Format
Definition
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mayrhofer-enum-validation-00.txt
ONGOING WORK:
Title           : IANA
Registration for Enumservice VOID

Author(s)       : R. Stastny, L.
Conroy

Filename        :
draft-ietf-enum-void-00.txt

Pages           :
0

Date            :
2004-10-12
This document registers the Enumservice 'void' using the URI
schemes
   'mailto:' and 'http:' as per the IANA registration process
defined
   in the ENUM specification, RFC3761. This Enumservice may be
used to
   indicate that the E.164 number (or E.164 number range) tied
to the
   domain in which the enclosing NAPTR is published is not
assigned for
   communications service. When such an indication is provided,
an ENUM
   client can detect calls that will fail
"early".
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-void-00.txt

***
Older business:
Title           :
ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences
        Author(s)       :
L. Conroy, K. Fujiwara
        Filename        :
draft-ietf-enum-experiences-01.txt
        Pages           :
26
        Date            :
2004-10-25

This document captures experience in implementing systems based on
  the ENUM protocol, and experience of ENUM data that have been
created
  by others. As such, it is informational only, and produced as a
help
  to others in reporting what is "out there" and the
potential pitfalls
  in interpreting the set of documents that specify the
protocol.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-01.txt

Title           :
IANA Registration for ENUMservices email, fax, mms, ems and sms
        Author(s)       :
R. Brandner, et al.
        Filename        :
draft-ietf-enum-msg-03.txt
        Pages           :
20
        Date            :
2004-10-21

This document registers the 'ENUMservices' "email",
"fax", "sms",
   "ems" and "mms" using the URI schemes
'tel:' and 'mailto:' as per the
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-msg-03.txt

There seems to be a strange objection to our ENUM EPP document during
IETF Last Call
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-epp-e164-06.txt

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1
815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>