RE: [Enum] Revised #2 IETF 53 Agenda

"Stastny, Richard" <richard.stastny@oefeg.at> Mon, 11 March 2002 08:58 UTC

From: "Stastny, Richard" <richard.stastny@oefeg.at>
To: 'Richard Shockey' <rshockey@ix.netcom.com>, enum@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Enum] Revised #2 IETF 53 Agenda
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:25:13 +0100
Sender: enum-admin@ietf.org

Hi Richard Sh,

I think, beside the new RFC2916bis, the most important issue of the ENUM WG
Meeting in MN is the question of the definition of the ENUM Services,
because without defined ENUM Services no clients and therefore no ENUM
System can be implemented. But before we can talk about registration, we
should have a common understanding which ENUM Services and Resolution
Protocols we want to register, and why. To answer the why, we need
requirements and scenarios.

We also have to decide, if we have only one E2U and different ENUM services,
or if we use the Ranalli approach with different applications like E2VOICE
(this would also seriously influence RFC2916bis). Also the structure of the
documents is dependant on this (e.g. do we have one draft on sip and another
on tel, or only one on voice)

Also we should come up with a milestone plan and priority list on the
services (e.g when to have the drafts on the prio 1 services available (e.g.
voice(sip, tel), messages (mail), etc).

Since the discussion on the services may have an influence on the core
RFC2916bis, maybe the order should be changed insofar, that the service
drafts are presented first, than a discussion is held on the principles of
service registration (E2U vs E2VOICE) and milestones, and then RFC2916bis is
discussed.

best regards

Richard STASTNY
OeFEG
Arsenal Objekt 24
P.O. Box 147
A-1103 Vienna, Austria

Tel: +43 664 420 4100
Fax: +43 1 79780 13
richard.stastny@oefeg.at
richard@stastny.com

um-forum-00.txt

History and Context of ENUM Operational Decisions
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-itu-enum-notes-00.txt

Number Portability in the PSTN  Status to Last Call ?
draft-ietf-enum-e164-gstn-np-03.txt

OPEN DISCUSSION

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
45980 Center Oak Plaza   Bldg 8     Sterling, VA  20166
1120 Vermont Ave NW Suite 400 Washington DC 20005
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto: rshockey@ix.netcom.com> or
<mailto: rich.shockey@neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz>
<http://www.enum.org>