[Enum] IANA registration status

"Stafford, Matthew" <matthew.stafford@cingular.com> Thu, 17 March 2005 22:11 UTC

From: "Stafford, Matthew" <matthew.stafford@cingular.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:11:44 -0500
To: "enum at ietf.org"
Subject: [Enum] IANA registration status

I've been following draft-ietf-enum-msg-xx.txt but am confused about its current status. I am keen for E2U+mms:mailto to pass muster; I think that will be a good thing for intercarrier MMS.

I saw that the document made it to the RFC Editor's queue (in its -02 incarnation). After the -03 version was posted, I saw the message exchange asking what was wrong with it, followed shortly by the appearance of the -04 version. Also saw the message chain about inconsistent usage of the term "ENUMservice" and plans to clean that up.

Is the newest version good to go, so to speak? What happens next? Does it go back to the RFC Editor's queue before reappearing as an RFC?

Thanks,
Matt Stafford

Matthew Stafford
Principal Member of Technical Staff
Cingular Wireless, Inc.
9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759
matthew.stafford at cingular.com
Voice : (512)372-5623
Fax : (512)372-5891
This email and any files transmitted with it are property of Cingular Wireless, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 512/372-5623 and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.