Re: [EToSat] Download Regression Tests

Kuhn Nicolas <Nicolas.Kuhn@cnes.fr> Fri, 06 December 2019 15:00 UTC

From: Kuhn Nicolas <Nicolas.Kuhn@cnes.fr>
To: 'Christian Huitema' <huitema@huitema.net>, 'François Michel' <francois.michel@uclouvain.be>, "Border, John" <John.Border@hughes.com>
CC: "etosat@ietf.org" <etosat@ietf.org>, Emmanuel Lochin <emmanuel.lochin@isae-supaero.fr>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 14:59:39 +0000
Deferred-Delivery: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 15:00:39 +0000
x-tm-as-product-ver: SMEX-11.0.0.4255-8.100.1062-25088.000
x-tm-as-result: No--24.032100-0.000000-31
x-tm-as-user-approved-sender: Yes
x-tm-as-user-blocked-sender: No
Subject: Re: [EToSat] Download Regression Tests

I have updated the document with a proposal
- the burst model includes congestion and propagation losses
- the uniform random loss includes only wi-fi losses
That may be a starting point for discussion.

If we want to include the congestion at the wifi router (without AQM?), which is an interesting use-case, I guess we have to go more into the details of the architecture.
A solution would be to include multiple machines and emulated SATCOM system with satellite terminal.
We can surely add this kind of regression test, but I am afraid that it may be too complexed as a first step.
Anyway, we can propose an optional more complexed scenario if you think his is relevant.

Cheers,

Nico