Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption-11

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Fri, 21 December 2012 15:40 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:40:18 -0600
To: RAMAKRISHNADTV <RAMAKRISHNADTV@infosys.com>
Cc: "gen-art@ietf.org Review Team" <gen-art@ietf.org>, Bharat Joshi <bharat_joshi@infosys.com>, "ietf@ietf.org List" <ietf@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption.all@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption-11

Thanks for the timely response, and the background for the security language.

This brings up one question, however. See inline:

Thanks!

Ben.

On Dec 21, 2012, at 6:48 AM, RAMAKRISHNADTV <RAMAKRISHNADTV@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Thank you for your review comments.
> Please find my responses inline below.
>
> Regards,
> Ramakrishna DTV.

Is the SHOULD use 4030 language a new normative requirement, or is it simply describing existing requirements from 3046 or elsewhere?  If it's a new normative requirement, then I am fine with your answer and withdraw the concern. If not, then it would be better to use descriptive rather than normative language in this draft.