Re: [Gen-art] [PCN] Gen-art LC review of draft-ietf-pcn-cl-edge-behaviour-08

"Georgios Karagiannis" <karagian@cs.utwente.nl> Wed, 22 June 2011 09:52 UTC

To: "philip.eardley@bt.com" <philip.eardley@bt.com>, "Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de" <Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de>, "tom111.taylor@bell.net" <tom111.taylor@bell.net>, "ietfdbh@comcast.net" <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:51:47 +0000
From: Georgios Karagiannis <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>
Bounce-To: "Georgios Karagiannis" <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>
Cc: "pcn@ietf.org" <pcn@ietf.org>, "gen-art@ietf.org" <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] [PCN] Gen-art LC review of draft-ietf-pcn-cl-edge-behaviour-08

Hi all,

I agree with Phil regarding the fact that the Information model can be
described as an abstract model informally to show the relationships
between objects. In particular RFC 3444 mentions:

   "IMs can be defined in an informal way, using natural languages such
   as English.  An example of such an IM is provided by RFC 3290 [9],
   which describes a conceptual model of a Diffserv Router and specifies
   the relationships between the components of such a router that need
   to be managed."

Regarding the possible options to support interoperability, I also think
that the latter might be plausible. I see three options of implementing
this:

1) each PCN edge behaviour draft will contain such an information model

2) a default information model will be included in the signaling
requirements draft

3) a new draft should be started by the PCN WG to describe such an
information model

With which option should we proceed?

Please also note that I have started modifying the following draft that
can be used as an example of how a signaling protocol can be applied to
support an PCN edge behaviour.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lefaucheur-rsvp-ecn-01

The target is to submit this draft to tsvwg. However, I do not think that
I will be able to submit this draft before the submission deadline (4th
of July). Tom and Francois were willing to help on commenting and/or
contributing to this.

Best regards,
Georgios