Re: [Gen-art] [lamps] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn-03

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Sun, 06 January 2019 17:27 UTC

To: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Cc: LAMPS WG <spasm@ietf.org>, IETF Gen-ART <gen-art@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn.all@ietf.org, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 12:27:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] [lamps] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn-03

Maybe I am missing something simple, but I do not see where the text in
section 5 on dealing with a lost promised key says anything about the
need to "go through the process that was used to set up the initial
trust anchor."  All it seems to say is "to deploy a new self-signed
certificate."  Maybe what is needed is a little elaboration on what that
deployment is to be, as it is not the same as deploying a properly
promised new key pair.

Yours,
Joel