Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts-05

"Yuji KAMITE" <y.kamite@ntt.com> Sun, 27 July 2008 09:13 UTC

Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:12:23 +0900
From: Yuji KAMITE <y.kamite@ntt.com>
Cc: l2vpn-chairs@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts@tools.ietf.org, 'Ron Bonica' <rbonica@juniper.net>, 'Jari Arkko' <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, 'Tim Polk' <tim.polk@nist.gov>, 'Mark Townsley' <townsley@cisco.com>, 'yuichiro wada' <wada.yuichiro@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts-05
Sender: gen-art-bounces@ietf.org

Christian,

I haven't got your response yet, but
please let me point out just one thing more to complement the issue (3) you
raised.

> >(3)  Section 5.10, "Fate-Sharing...":

To address your comment, I propose to add a new  parragraph below in this
section (after 4st paragraph).
I think your question was if this requirement has benefit or not, so
I'm trying to clarify that.

"   This policy will benefit customers.
   Some customers would like to detect failure soon at CE side and restore
full
   connectivity by switching over to their backup line,
   rather than to keep poor half connectivity (i.e., either unicast or
multicast being in fail).
   Even if either unicast or multicast is kept alive, it is just
disadvantageous
   to the customer's application protocols which need both traffic.
   Fate-sharing policy contributes to preventing such a complicated
situation."

Regards,
-Yuji