Re: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis-00

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Mon, 04 June 2018 15:07 UTC

To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>, gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis.all@ietf.org
From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 10:07:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis-00

Thanks Peter!

The editorial pass looks really good. It let me spot a nit I missed before:

at

" necessary, a resource in outdated file format is migrated into a more"

you probably want "in an outdated file format"

In that paragraph, you added some MAYs that go against my first original
point, telling the library what they may do rather than constraining a
protocol. It looks like you removed some of these as you went through
the rest of the document, but added others - I'm not easily seeing what
drove the decision in each spot. That said, per John's note, it's a
conscious decision of the folks working on the document to use 2119 this
way, so I'll let it go.

RJS