Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-pim-lasthop-threats-03.txt

Pekka Savola <psavola@funet.fi> Thu, 08 May 2008 17:32 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 10:40:36 +0300
From: Pekka Savola <psavola@funet.fi>
To: Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com>
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org, James Lingard <jchl@arastra.com>, David Ward <dward@cisco.com>, pim-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-pim-lasthop-threats-03.txt
Sender: gen-art-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

At chairs' suggestion, I used 'illegitimate'.

Wrt the "outside of the link" issue below, I agree it's not very crisp, so
I changed the end of that part to say just "Subverting legitimate routers
is out of scope.  Security implications on multicast routing
infrastructure are described in [RFC4609]".  What it tried to point out
was that this doesn't try to describe all the malicious acts a host could
do (e.g., join a million different multicast groups) as those are
described elsewhere.

The last sentence is somewhat redundant because it's already said at the
start of Introduction, so it could be removed completely if it's more
confusing than helpful.

I'm pushing out a new rev shortly.