RE: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-huston-6to4-reverse-dns-07.txt

Black_David@emc.com Wed, 18 July 2007 13:02 UTC

From: Black_David@emc.com
Subject: RE: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-huston-6to4-reverse-dns-07.txt
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:01:23 -0400
To: brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com
Cc: pk@DENIC.DE, rbonica@juniper.net, gen-art@ietf.org, gih@apnic.net, Black_David@emc.com

While I'd like to see some consideration of prefix-based control,
a security considerations discussion of access limitation via an
IPv6 firewall is ok (but it *needs* text in the security
considerations section), and Brian's proposed "SHOULD NOT" for
the use of dynamic IPv4 addresses for 6to4 sites with reverse
DNS delegation is fine - that should be sufficient warning for
the surprise that a DHCP reassignment may cause inheritance of
someone else's remote DNS delegation (if this happens, it was
a consequence of ignoring the "SHOULD NOT").

Thanks,
--David