Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art LC review of draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-06.txt

Gonzalo Camarillo <gcamaril@gmail.com> Wed, 20 October 2010 12:24 UTC

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:25:48 +0300
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <gcamaril@gmail.com>
To: "elwynd@dial.pipex.com" <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>
Cc: "draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite.all@tools.ietf.org>, General Area Reviwing Team <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art LC review of draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-06.txt

Hi Elwyn,

thanks for your review. Yes, as you point out, this draft deals with a
complex issue. It would be great if we could re-write the relevant parts
of RFC 3261 without considering backwards compatibility. Unfortunately,
that is not an option when dealing with a widely-implemented RFC such as
3261. So, we have tried and provided solutions that take into account
backwards compatibility while fixing the issues found in RFC 3261.

This draft is the result of discussing these issues with all the SIP
experts within the SIPCORE WG. SIP developers provided very-valuable
input on the current behavior of their implementations.

I will take care of the nits you identified below in the next revision
of the draft.

Thanks,

Gonzalo