Re: [Gen-art] New Version Notification - draft-ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding-07.txt

<toby.moncaster@bt.com> Mon, 28 September 2009 11:38 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:40:05 +0100
From: toby.moncaster@bt.com
To: spencer@wonderhamster.org, housley@vigilsec.com
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org, draft-ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] New Version Notification - draft-ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding-07.txt

Oh bugger! I phrased that rather clumsily didn't I...

I am certain that the "outermost" in the third paragraph can be removed without in any way affecting the meaning. After all, unless you are explicitly referring to tunnelled packets then it is taken as read that you are talking about the outermost header!

So in summary, I am completely OK to remove this mention of "outermost" and will try and re-boot my brain out of thinking about everything in terms of tunnels (which seem to keep cropping up in my work at the moment!). Do you need me to explicitly remove this in a new revision or can we get the RFC Editor to do so when the document advances?

Toby

Toby Moncaster, Senior Researcher, Network Infrastructure Practise
B54/70 Adastral Park, Ipswich, IP53RE, UK.  +44 7918 901170