Re: [Gendispatch] draft-knodel-terminology-04 expires next Thursday.

Pete Resnick <resnick@episteme.net> Sun, 21 February 2021 21:29 UTC

From: Pete Resnick <resnick@episteme.net>
To: Bill Woodcock <woody@pch.net>
Cc: gendispatch@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 15:29:29 -0600
Subject: Re: [Gendispatch] draft-knodel-terminology-04 expires next Thursday.

On 20 Feb 2021, at 20:17, Bill Woodcock wrote:

> I note that the excellent draft-knodel-terminology-04 is currently set
> to expire this upcoming Thursday.
>
> The draft has my full support, and I hope we can move forward with it,
> whether individually or by merging with
> draft-gondwana-effective-terminology, and/or
> draft-moore-exclusionary-language.
>
> Where are we at on all that?  Anything I can do to be helpful?

Hi Bill,

As per the summary of the two virtual interim meetings that took place
post-IETF-108 (see
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/gendispatch/6Od2aX-uiYGdYCKZqfvrOHHtY58),
it was the rough consensus of GENDISPATCH that a "quick-spin" WG be
formed to take on these issues and that draft-gondwana (rather than
draft-knodel) would be a reasonable starting point for that WG's work. A
draft charter started floating around last week, and we expect work to
take place there if the WG is chartered. I'm sure the AD and the
proponents of the WG would appreciate your comments on the proposed
charter (see
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/gendispatch/Zm8vtslsgMO-PbIEujvtZodVJBg).
Until the official WG Review announcement goes out, it appears that this
list is being used for discussion of the charter.

In my opinion, if the WG gets chartered, it is almost certain that some
of the ideas in draft-knodel will be merged into the WG's document(s).

Cheers,

pr
--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best