Re: [Geopriv] revised agenda for interim meeting

Andrew Newton <andy@hxr.us> Fri, 13 May 2005 21:29 UTC

From: Andrew Newton <andy@hxr.us>
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] revised agenda for interim meeting
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 17:29:26 -0400
To: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>
Cc: GEOPRIV WG <geopriv@ietf.org>
Sender: geopriv-bounces@ietf.org

On May 13, 2005, at 5:20 PM, James M. Polk wrote:
>> 1) Properties of network elements in transferring LI from layer 2
>> upward to PIDF-LO.
>> Time: May 16 08:30-11:30
>
> is this an open discussion, or is this based on something we should
> have read already?

Why?  Do you have something that should have been read?  :)

Actually, a bunch of people raised their hands in the meeting and said
they would have drafts on this subject... but I see none.  Shame on
them!  So its an open discussion.  I'm preparing some material.  If you
have something to present, feel free to have it ready.

>> 4) Proposed enhancements to DHCP to support #1 and more.
>>    a. draft-polk-geopriv-dhc-geo-lci-upstream-00
>> Time: May 16 15:15-17:30
>
> For 2hr 15min?!!
>
> The ID is only 3 paragraphs long - I shouldn't think more than 5
> minutes is necessary, and that's if I read the whole ID to folks
> there. Should I bring a good movie to watch during the rest of the
> time?

Never underestimate the verbosity of your fellow participants.  When we
had the meeting in DC, we used every last scheduled minute and then
some.  This also leaves room for AOB... or perhaps finishing early and
yielding additional time to the ECRIT part of the meeting.

-andy