Re: [Geopriv] Minutes from IETF 77

"James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com> Tue, 30 March 2010 18:34 UTC

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:34:55 -0500
To: Alissa Cooper <acooper@cdt.org>, geopriv@ietf.org
From: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] Minutes from IETF 77

At 10:49 AM 3/30/2010, Alissa Cooper wrote:
>Minutes - GEOPRIV - IETF 77
>
>draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-07 (James Polk)
>James gave an overview of the most recent changes and the list
>traffic. The discussion focused on the possession vs. authorization
>model debate, with Hannes volunteering to provide some possession
>model text on the mailing list to help resolve the issue.

respectfully - this is incorrect. Hannes volunteered to write some
text about the authorization model -- which is what's in the doc now.
If he was to provide possession model text, then the discussion would
have been very different in the room, as there wasn't a good reason
to change the existing text from authorization to possession -- even
though I asked the chairs to take a hum of the room to see if the WG
wanted this change.  The audio will support me in saying the chairs
refused to take this hum (that I asked for). Therefore, it's hard to
justify this change when one wasn't agreed to in the room (i.e., by the WG).

James

>draft-winterbottom-geopriv-deref-protocol (Martin Thomson)
>The main issue discussed was getting the right authorization story
>into the draft.

the irony that this ID doesn't have its "authorization story right"
yet draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-07 keeps getting pounded
for its authorization story is classic.

James