Re: [Geopriv] Draft GEOPRIV minutes from IETF 75

creed@opengeospatial.org Tue, 04 August 2009 15:48 UTC

Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 11:47:59 -0400
From: creed@opengeospatial.org
To: Richard Barnes <rbarnes@bbn.com>
Cc: 'GEOPRIV' <geopriv@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] Draft GEOPRIV minutes from IETF 75

Richard -

Thanks for the excellent meeting notes.

On item 7, perhaps related, there is a new collaboration about to begin
titled "Open Floor Plan". Essentially, this collaboration is between
multiple standards organizations and interested individuals that is
focused on defining a lightweight interchange and encoding for floor
plans. The driving use cases are emergency services and in building
navigation. Currently, the standards organizations are the OGC,
NIBS/buildingSMART, and OASIS. The "new" model would actually be a limited
profile of an existing standard from the international building industry
(I believe).

Regards

Carl