Re: [Geopriv] On behalf of - OBO

"Winterbottom, James" <James.Winterbottom@andrew.com> Wed, 25 June 2008 23:39 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:39:32 -0500
From: "Winterbottom, James" <James.Winterbottom@andrew.com>
To: "Stark, Barbara" <bs7652@att.com>, Matt Lepinski <mlepinski@bbn.com>
Cc: geopriv@ietf.org, "Dawson, Martin" <Martin.Dawson@andrew.com>, Marc Linsner <mlinsner@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] On behalf of - OBO
Sender: geopriv-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Barbara,

LIS to LIS can be achieved using HELD with measurements (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-geopriv-held-measurements-02) and/or HELD with identity extensions (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-05)

I think all we need is a BCP around these two drafts saying how this is done. I had a draft some time ago saying how this could be done, it needs some modifications now, but is basically still sound.

This was given as much support to go forward with as the location URI in DHCP if you check the meeting minutes from Prague last year. Consequently it should already be supported in the charter. I didn't push it further because nobody seemed to be asking for it, since they are now I will resurrect it.

Cheers
James

this email is prohibited.