[GROW] discuss about draft-luo-grow-ts-use-cases-00

"luoyuj.gd" <luoyuj.gd@chinatelecom.cn> Mon, 23 May 2016 02:42 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 10:41:25 +0800
From: "luoyuj.gd" <luoyuj.gd@chinatelecom.cn>
To: grow <grow@ietf.org>
Subject: [GROW] discuss about draft-luo-grow-ts-use-cases-00

Hi everyone,

    I'm Jenny Luo,one of the writers of draft-luo-grow-ts-use-cases-00. The draft is mainly about usecases for traffic steering in operator network, and we introduce it on 95th IETF meeting in Buenos Aires.
    Our team received some comments and we appreciated very much for that.   The comments are listed as follows and we would like to discuss them with the relevant experts .  We would really appreciate it if you could offer more description about the comments, so we could understand them correctly.

 Comments:
­1. The requirements are components that sometimes are impossible to implement.Concerns that transferring requirements to implementations are difficult. Fine granularity is a difficult implementation.
­ 2. With the right set of computation someone can do what is needed in a network.Heavily lifting needed to get it through
­ 3. Control system: Add a delay and a random generator
­ 4. What is the different to do it random. Other parties are working on other different constraintorgs.
­ 5. Delaying computation, Implementing at the edge and monitoring inside.
­ 6. Not everybody have sufficient resources. Can´t be emulated without resources.  How much spare capacity or overloading in your network? If you can afford serious spare capacity you can aprox. to a good contribution by delaying.
­ 7. How can we schedule flows automatically with fine granularity?

  2016-05-20

Jenny Luo
Data Communication Research Department
Guangzhoou Research Institute of ChinaTelecom
Tel:+86 20 38639134
Mobile:18924152329
E-mail:luoyuj.gd@chinatelecom.cn