Re: [GROW] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-07: (with COMMENT)

Camilo Cardona <juancamilo.cardona@imdea.org> Tue, 15 September 2015 12:41 UTC

From: Camilo Cardona <juancamilo.cardona@imdea.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:41:05 +0200
To: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <aretana@cisco.com>
Cc: "grow-chairs@ietf.org" <grow-chairs@ietf.org>, "grow@ietf.org grow@ietf.org" <grow@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats.ad@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats.ad@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats@ietf.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats.shepherd@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats.shepherd@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [GROW] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-07: (with COMMENT)

Hi Alvaro,

It becomes a security problem when an AS uses any of the techniques to willingly affect another one. However, as Joel mentioned, we removed any type of reference to security, as operators use these almost never for this purpose. At one point, we even removed the security considerations, but we were advised to add it again as a warning to cover that cornercase.

I understand your point. As this is becoming a loop, I will take the advise of the chairs and the AD of what to do..

Camilo