grow: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-03.txt

Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi> Tue, 22 November 2005 07:42 UTC

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:23:46 +0200
From: Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
To: grow@lists.uoregon.edu
Subject: grow: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-03.txt
Sender: owner-grow@lists.uoregon.edu

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
> This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title		: Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR): The
>                          Internet Address Assignment and Aggregation Plan
> 	Author(s)	: T. Li, V. Fuller
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-03.txt
> 	Pages		: 31
> 	Date		: 2005-11-21
>
> This memo discusses the strategy for address assignment of the
>   existing 32-bit IPv4 address space with a view toward conserving the
>   address space and limiting the growth rate of global routing state.
>   This document obsoletes the original CIDR spec [RFC1519], with
>   changes made both to clarify the concepts it introduced and, after
>   more than twelve years, to update the Internet community on the
>   results of deploying the technology described.

Looking at the AD review comments, I don't think this update
addresses them.

I also sent some personal comments on the list myself a bit after
WGLC.  As far as I can tell, these have been not been addressed.  I
will reiterate them at IETF LC but it might be easier to address them
earlier rather than later.

The new section 11 is confusing editorially as there are double the
number of bullet points compared to the before.  A different xml2rfc
technique (no new bullet point) should be used here.

web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/