Re: [GROW] A new bgpdump tool

Yasuhiro Ohara <yasu@nttv6.jp> Fri, 20 March 2015 01:17 UTC

Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:15:40 +0900
To: grow@ietf.org
From: Yasuhiro Ohara <yasu@nttv6.jp>
Subject: Re: [GROW] A new bgpdump tool

Hi,

> tools. I'm going to summarize it and send the list to the mailing-list.

Below is the list of tools and some papers.

* Tools.

- libbgpdump
  written in C.
  <https://bitbucket.org/ripencc/bgpdump/wiki/Home>

- zebra-dump-parser
  written in Perl.
  <https://github.com/rfc1036/zebra-dump-parser>

- java-mrt library
  written in Java.
  <https://github.com/paaguti/java-mrt>

- UCLA bgpparser
  written in C++.
  <http://irl.cs.ucla.edu/software/bgpparser.html>

- mrtparse
  written in Python.
  <https://github.com/YoshiyukiYamauchi/mrtparse>

- bgpdump2
  written in C.
  <https://github.com/yasuhiro-ohara-ntt/bgpdump2>

* route leaks
  - <https://ripe69.ripe.net/presentations/157-RIPE-69-Routing-WG.pdf>
    <https://ripe69.ripe.net/archives/video/10076/>
  - <http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-grow-route-leak-problem-definition-00.pdf>
  - <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sriram-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00>
    (to be presented in the IDR WG meeting in Dallas)

* AS relations

  - Linxin Gao, "On inferring autonomous system relationships in the internet",
    IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), Volume 9 Issue 6, December 2001,
    Pages 733-745.
    <https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=504611.504616>

  - Giotsas, V., "Valley-free violation in Internet routing -
    Analysis based on BGP Community data",
    <http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6363987>

  - "AS Relationships, Customer Cones, and Validation"
    <http://www.caida.org/~amogh/papers/asrank-IMC13.pdf>

  - "A Survey of Interdomain Routing Policies"
    <https://www.cs.bu.edu/~goldbe/papers/survey.pdf>

Best regards,
Yasu