[GROW] FW: New Version Notification for draft-gu-grow-bmp-route-leak-detection-03.txt

"Guyunan (Yunan Gu, IP Technology Research Dept. NW)" <guyunan@huawei.com> Tue, 09 July 2019 03:53 UTC

From: "Guyunan (Yunan Gu, IP Technology Research Dept. NW)" <guyunan@huawei.com>
To: "grow@ietf.org" <grow@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 03:52:55 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.130.184.132]
Subject: [GROW] FW: New Version Notification for draft-gu-grow-bmp-route-leak-detection-03.txt

Dear WG,

Here's the 03 version update to the route leak detection (RLD) using BMP draft.

We proposed a RLD TLV (a business relation representation) to be attached to the BMP adj-rib-in/adj-rib-out at an AS's ingress/egress nodes. With the allowance of TLV support in the BMP Route Monitoring Message (draft-lucente-bmp-tlv), we expect a RLD TLV type to be assigned. The BMP server can use the per-route RLD TLVs to detect the existence of route leaks that happen within the local AS. It does not do leak prevention or mitigation, however, operators can base on the detection results to take further actions, such as check configurations.

In addition, as a possible complementary action against route leaks to draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-05 (intra-AS route leak prevention) and draft-ietf-grow-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00 (cross-AS route leak detection and mitigation), more details about the differences/coordination are discussed in the draft.

We believe this simple, straightforward idea can be helpful for either self-checking of leaks or assisting checking of leaks in other ASes (with the settlement of draft-ietf-grow-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00). We'd like comments from the WG.

Thank you.

Yunan