Re: [hackathon] IETF 109 Hackathon webpage and wiki are now live

Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ca> Fri, 11 September 2020 20:37 UTC

From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ca>
To: "Charles Eckel \(eckelcu\)" <eckelcu=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
cc: "hackathon@ietf.org" <hackathon@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 16:37:28 -0400
Subject: Re: [hackathon] IETF 109 Hackathon webpage and wiki are now live

Charles, availability of the RPI based L2-VPN-bridges changes things
significantly for me.  I was previously rather blase about remote hackathons.

As long as I can't see your network traffic, and look over your shoulder, and
share caffeinated beverages with you, then I might as well just stick to
efforts to run stuff over the Internet.

I learnt of the bridge option late, and that would have changed my opinion.
I suggest that you mention this option on the
   https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/109-hackathon/
page.

How soon are we able to test things?   I might even want to prep devices and
mail them to people.

Right now, it's a bit buried on the wiki.

   The NOC team has been working to allow you to join the IETF network while
   attending the meeting remotely. With a Raspberry Pi 2 or newer the NOC has
   a recipe that will allow your team to be virtually connected to the IETF
   network with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and many options (IPv6ONLY, a closed
   user group, NAT64, IPv6PD, and more) for you to use for your
   projects. Your project champion can request getting access by sending a
   message to ietf109virtualnetwork @ noc.ietf.org. Please include your
   project name and members. The NOC will provide you with the recipe.

(oops, it seems that the email address does not yet work)