[Hipsec-rg] Some comments on draft-ahrenholz-hiprg-dht-01

philip_matthews at magma.ca (Philip Matthews) Wed, 01 August 2007 13:28 UTC

From: "philip_matthews at magma.ca"
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:28:51 -0400
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Some comments on draft-ahrenholz-hiprg-dht-01

I would like to point out that this work seems related to the work
going on
in the P2PSIP working group, and some recent efforts to link HIP and
P2PSIP.
In particular, I see the following parallels:

1) http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-singh-p2p-sip-00  describes
another interface
to OpenDHT for storing contact information for SIP users. It seems to be
looking at similar problems.

2) http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hip-00
describes a way
to have a number of HIP nodes cooperate to form an overlay structured as
a DHT itself. Not covered in that draft is what to store in the DHT,
but there have
been some private discussions about storing contact information for
HIP nodes,
including Name --> HIT and HIT --> IP address mappings.

- Philip