[Hipsec-rg] New version: draft-heer-hip-middle-auth

heer at cs.rwth-aachen.de (Tobias Heer) Tue, 15 July 2008 08:08 UTC

From: "heer at cs.rwth-aachen.de"
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:08:09 +0200
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] New version: draft-heer-hip-middle-auth

Hi folks,

There is a new version of the middle auth draft.
Changes since version 00:

- New section about security and bindings between HIP and ESP traffic
- Rewrite and extension of the discussion of the security properties.
- Minor fixes for alignment with the base documents (packet sizes)

Abstract:
The Host Identity Protocol [RFC2119]is a signaling protocol for
secure communication, mobility, and multihoming by introducing a
cryptographic namespace.  This document specifies an extension for
HIP that enables middleboxes to unambiguously verify the identities
of hosts that communicate across them.  This extension enables
middleboxes to verify the liveness and freshness of a HIP association
and, thus, enables reliable and secure access control in middleboxes.

Comments are very appreciated.

The draft can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heer-hip-middle-auth-01.txt

BR,

Tobias

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

--
Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Group